Welcome to the Madison Mohawks Guidance Office
Beliefs and Philosophy:
The counselors at Madison Jr.-Sr. high school believe:
· All students have dignity and worth
· All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program
· All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial, sexual identity and special needs are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program
· All students 7-12 shall have access to a full-time, state-certified, master’s-degree-level school counselor to deliver the counseling program
The counselors at Madison will help students identify their abilities and interests, strengthen their decision-making and coping skills, and develop an approach to life that is uniquely their own. The counseling program will help prepare young men and women to become lifelong learners, contributing members of society, and people of compassion, integrity, and service.
The Madison Jr./Sr. high school Counseling Program will assist in the development of a positive school climate that seeks to maximize the holistic development of students in an atmosphere that recognizes and nurtures the uniqueness of the individual. School Counselors provide a safe, nonjudgmental place for students to express themselves and where staff, students, and parents work together as one. The program will also promote student success through the implementation and delivery of the Madison Local Schools 7-12 School Counseling Curriculum.
• Guidance in career and post-secondary options
• Assistance in decision-making processes
• Acting as an advocate for the students of Madison Jr/Sr High School
• Assisting in communications between parents, students, teachers and administrators
• Identifying community resources available for families and individuals
• Offering individual and group counseling services
• Completing college and scholarship applications and transcripts
• Maintaining student records and grade cards
• Sponsoring meetings and providing e-mails and mailings dispensing important information
to our school and community
Counselors are available to meet with students on a drop-in basis or by appointment. Many questions and concerns, especially of the informational type can be answered on an informal basis, without an appointment.
National Test Dates