Who is eligible to apply for the Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program?
Applicants to the Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program must:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to community service, outstanding qualities in character, integrity and leadership
- Be enrolled as a high school senior
- Reside in a community served by Comcast and/or NBCUniversal or Telemundo area
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university or vocational-technical college in the United States for the entire 2020-2021 academic year
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- Demonstrate financial need
There are two essay questions (one about 200 words, and the other 400 words) required as part of the application:
- What is your most impactful community service experience? Explain why.
- Describe a time when you were able to use your leadership skills.
In addition, an official transcript that includes name, school, and grades will be required.
How much are the Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program awards worth?
Comcast NBCUniversal will award over 800 scholarships worth $2,500 each for the 2020 – 2021 school year. In addition, a select number of awardees will be chosen as recipients of a Founder’s Award, worth in excess of $2,500.
When is the Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program application due?
The deadline to apply: Be sure to apply by 5:00PM EST on December 6, 2019.
All winners will be notified by mid-March of 2020.
|Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans|
|Award basis:||Need based|
|Description:||High School graduate for 2020, demonstrated critical financial need (55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income) and a United States citizen. Students must be involved in co-curricular activities and community service. applicants must also display integrity in overcoming adversity. Apply online at scholars.horatiolger.org|