Naviance – Family Connection
Welcome to Naviance, a web-based service designed especially for students and families. Family Connection is a comprehensive website that families can use while making decisions about courses, colleges, and careers. Family Connection is linked with Naviance Succeed, a service that Madison Guidance uses to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that is specific to Madison. More information on Naviance and Family Connection will be available throughout the school year.
Family Connection will allow you to:
· Get involved in the planning and advising process – Complete on-line surveys and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
· Plan for post-secondary success – Set short and long term goals and complete tasks related to career, course and college planning.
· Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from Madison students who have applied and been admitted in the past.
· Sign up for college visits – Find out which colleges are visiting Madison and sign up to attend those sessions.
· Senior Help - track sent transcripts and organize college application lists
· Search local and national scholarship opportunities
· And much more!
Please visit the Madison Family Connection site: http://connection.naviance.com/madisonjshs.
Students will each have their own account, and will receive registration information in the near future.
Seniors will begin using Naviance / Family Connection to request and have transcripts sent this year.
All students (9-12) will learn how to use and navigate Naviance with the guidance of the Madison counselors in the upcoming months.
We hope that families will find this resource helpful. Please contact your child’s counselor with any further questions!